5 requirements for Apple ID account password on their website and mobile apps:
- Your password must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain a number, an uppercase and lowercase letter
- You can’t use spaces
- You can’t use the same character three times in a row
- You can’t use any password you’ve used during last year
Apple ID Password Tips
- Make the answers to your security questions hard to guess
- Protect your account with two-factor authentication
- Never use your Apple ID password with other online accounts.
- Change your password regularly and avoid reusing old passwords.
- Choose security questions and answers that can’t be easily guessed. Your answers can even be nonsense as long as you can remember them. For example, Question: What is your favorite color? Answer: Mozart.
We rate Apple ID password requirements strength with 5 of 5 locks.