There are a few ways that you can reset your Samsung Note 10 without a password. One way is to do a hard reset, which will erase all of the data on your device. Another way is to use the Find My Mobile service from Samsung, which will allow you to remotely reset your device. Finally, you can also contact customer support for assistance.
If you want to factory reset your Samsung Note 10 without a password, you will need to perform a hard reset. This will erase all of the data on your device, so make sure that you have backed up any important files before proceeding. To do a hard reset, follow these steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- When the Samsung logo appears, let go of the Power button but continue to hold the other two buttons.
- When the Android logo appears, let go of all three buttons.
- Use the Volume buttons to highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then press the Power button to select it.
- Highlight the “Yes – erase all user data” option and then press the Power button to select it.
- Wait for your device to reset itself and then set it up again from scratch.
Find My Mobile
If you have forgotten your password and cannot remember it, you can use the Find My Mobile service from Samsung to reset your device remotely. This service requires that you have a Samsung account and that you have registered your device with the service. To reset your device using Find My Mobile, follow these steps:
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ in a web browser and log in with your Samsung account credentials.
- Select your Note 10 from the list of devices associated with your account.
- Click on the “Lock my screen” option.
- Enter a new password or PIN in the field provided and click on the “Lock” button.
- Your device will now be locked with the new password or PIN that you have set.
If you are still unable to reset your device, you can contact customer support for assistance. You will need to provide them with proof of ownership, such as a purchase receipt or insurance policy, and they will be able to help you reset your device.