2 requirements for Facebook account password on their website and mobile apps:
- Your password must be at least 6 characters
- Password must be difficut to guess (cannot be “123456” or “abc123”)
There are no other password requirements like special characters, numbers or any other special combinations.
Facebook Password Tips
- Some information like pet’s names, interests or profession could appear in your Facebook account and you shouldn’t use this information for password.
- Your password should be easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Your Facebook password should be different to the passwords you use to log in to other accounts, such as your email or bank account.
- Longer passwords are usually more secure.
- Your password should not be your email address, phone number or date of birth.
We rate Facebook password requirements strength with 3 of 5 locks.