4 requirements for PayPal account password on their website and mobile apps:
- Your password must be 7-32 characters long
- Must contain a mix of letters, numbers, and/or special characters – only text or only number are not allowed
- Single quotes, double quotes, ampersands ( ‘ ” & ), and spaces are not allowed
- The password cannot be the same as your Merchant Login name
There are no other password requirements like special characters, numbers or any other special combinations. That makes your PayPal account easy to hack.
PayPal Password Tips
- DON’T use the word “password”
- More than 8 characters long.
- Use lower case, upper case, a number, and a special character [like ~!@#$%^&*()_+=?><.,/].
- Not a word or date associated with you (like a pet’s name, family names, or birth dates).
- A combination of words with unusual capitalization, numbers, and special characters interspersed. Misspelled words are stronger because they are not in the dictionary used by attackers.
- Something you can remember.
We rate PayPal password requirements strength with 5 of 5 locks.