3 requirements for Yahoo account password on their website and mobile apps:
- Your password must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain at least one number and letter
- Can’t be too simple (like “a1b2c3d4”)
There are no other password requirements like special characters or any other special combinations.
Yahoo Password Tips
- Use unique words – Don’t use obvious words like “password”.
- Have 12 or more characters – Longer passwords are more secure.
- Don’t be obvious – Don’t use personal information like your name, your Yahoo ID, birthday, etc.
- Avoid sequences or repeated characters – Don’t use adjacent characters on your keyboard (QWERTY).
- Use a different password for each site – Otherwise, if someone acquires one password, they could use it to access all of your accounts.
- Use a passphrase – These are created using sequences of words with spaces in between. They’re longer than regular passwords and are much more difficult to crack, while being easier for you to remember.
We rate Yahoo password requirements strength with 3 of 5 locks.