3 requirements for Twitch account password on their website and app:
- Your password must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain numbers and letters
- Must contain at least 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter
There are no other password requirements like special characters, numbers or any other special combinations.
Twitch Password Tips
- Make your Twitch password as unique as you. You are the only person with your username at Twitch. The password that you create to log into Twitch should only be used to log into Twitch. If you have a favorite password that you created for some other site, please don’t use it here!
- Make your password longer, more complex, and unforgettable. If you use a password manager, you’re in luck, it can do this for you. If you aren’t using a password manager, here’s what you need to know. Long passwords are best, which is why we require your password to be at least 8 characters long. Your password can be more than one word! It is easier to remember “easier to remember” than Password1, or 987654321 and it is a better password.
- Avoid using info about yourself or loved ones. Avoid creating passwords from information that others might know or could easily find out. It might be unforgettable but it’s also guessable!
- Be creative! Don’t use single dictionary words. Avoid simple words, phrases, and patterns that are easy to guess. Passwords with obvious words and phrases like “password”, “twitch”, or “1234” put your account at risk.
We rate Twitch password requirements strength with 4 of 5 locks.